MS Free Images
Can you imagine how many books could have been spoiled if
the characters in them ran background checks? Of course, writers want to keep
the reader in suspense and entertained. However, a background check could have
saved a lot of grief to the main character of the book. There are many stories
that involve an employee who winds up being a serial killer and a background
check could have saved the lives of everyone in the establishment. Because the
character decided not to conduct a check, the blood of the coworkers is on his
or her hands as well. Although this is just fictional entertainment, it is a
possibility that many don't consider.
1. Crowded Places - Although everyone should deserve a second chance to redeem him or herself, some people deny themselves the benefits of rehabilitation. In order to keep yourself and those close to you safe, you need to know if this new person isn't literally hiding skeletons in his or her closet.
2. Teller of Tales - You wouldn't hand the keys to your bank to Ma Barker and her sons. However, you could be doing just that if you don't know the person you just hired to work for you. You shouldn't profile people, but there are some that shouldn't be employed for certain tasks.
3. Flame Broiled - Hiring someone like David Berkowitz to head up that new office of a firework distribution center would seem like a very bad idea. Without a background check to see if you just hired a pyro or not, your new office could go up in flames. Although the Son of Sam was renowned for his serial killer ways, it started with arson.
4. Baby-sitting Problems - For those who operate a day-care facility for children, having a resume cross your desk from the likes of James Hook could be cause for alarm. Although you're not in Neverland, it is a good possibility you could hire a like-minded individual without performing a background check.
5. Physical Therapy - Physical rehabilitation is an important procedure in the healing process of those suffering from ailments or accidents. Would your client feel comfortable if Dr. Henry Jekyll was involved in his or her treatment?
6. A Dining Experience - It's not often that you'll see the world renowned cook Hannibal Lecter serving up his specialty dish. A background check could remedy extremely embarrassing circumstances that could destroy your restaurant catering business.
7. Animal Dry-cleaning - A pound is an excellent place to house lost or forgotten animals to keep them protected until an owner arrives to claim them. However, your new hire Cruella de Vil comments regularly about how certain animals feel soft and comfortable. A background check would eliminate the possibility of a bloodbath in the basement with a sewing kit.
As life can be stranger than fiction, it's never a bad idea to have your bases covered. Although someone may seem innocent, they could be hiding a past or identity that could put yourself and your loved ones in peril. Never underestimate the need to survive by the criminal element.
Jack Meyer is a freelance writer and regular contributor at www.nannybackgroundcheck.com/. He has a passion for various subjects like education, career and technology, Parenting etc. If you have any questions email Jack at jackmeyers08 @ gmail.com
In : Guest Posts
Tags: security background checks safety family children crime
blog comments powered by Disqus