The Mazda MX-5 has been held with high esteem since its release, revered by many as one of the world's most accomplished lightweight sports cars. Here are five books which offer exclusive insight into the MX-5's conception, as well as information on how to maintain repair and customize any model of this outstanding roadster.
1. Mazda MX5 1.6 Workshop Manual (Enthusiast's Workshop Manual Series) by Rod Grainger
This book is perfect for any MX-5 enthusiasts who want to learn more about the maintenance and repair of this motoring masterpiece. Rod Grainger has created a unique owner's workshop manual which is accessible to any motorist, irrespective of your mechanical skill level. The book displays how Rod Grainger, alongside fellow enthusiasts Pete and Judith, stripped down an MX-5 in an ordinary domestic garage using ordinary tools and took over 1500 step-by-step photographs (all of which are displayed in the vivid detail within the book). Subsequently this manual provides intricate detail on every element of the MX-5 and conveys how mechanical problems can be overcome without resorting to special tools. Grainger implements a unique symbol system within paragraphs which enables readers to cross-reference different sections of the manual, as well as highlighting helpful associated photos, drawings and tables. Each and every task is described simply and in full, right down to the minutiae of which size nuts and bolts you require! This manual is directly applicable to maintaining and repairing all 1.6 litre models manufactured between 1989 and 1995, but can also bear relevance to later 1.6 litre models.
2. Mazda MX-5 Miata Roadster: Design and Development - The Inside Story Told by Mazda's Designers and Engineers by Brian Long
Brian Long presents the story behind the development of the MX-5 from the perspective of the vehicle's engineers and designers. This book is exceptional in providing MX-5 enthusiasts with exclusive insight into how the MX-5 Miata was invented. Engineers and designers who worked on the MX-5 impart intriguing information on each stage of the vehicle's development; from initial conception all the way through to the production model which amazed millions. The book includes rare prototype photographs of the MX-5 as well as year-by-year coverage of various production models.
3. Mazda MX-5 Renovation Manual by Paul Hardiman
Hardiman offers a practical guide which is full of expert advice on how to revitalise old MX-5 models. The book provides a wealth of insightful renovation tips; from preventative maintenance to renewal of worn out components, as well as comprehensive information on how to fix these parts and a list of common diagnostic issues. All of these insights are illustrated in impeccable detail, thereby equipping readers with all the necessary information they require to rejuvenate their classic motor, without breaking their bank balance!
4. How to Build a High-Performance Mazda Miata MX-5 (Motorbooks Workshop) by Keith TannerDue to the immense popularity of the Mazda MX-5 Miata, there are a significant number of aftermarket components available for MX-5 enthusiasts who wish to customize their vehicle. In this book Keith Tanner guides readers on how to select the optimum combination of these parts in order to tailor your MX-5 to fulfil your personal driving ambitions. Tanner is a notable expert in MX-5's, with years of experience in modifying, building, repairing and racing these superb roadsters. As such, he offers experienced and well-informed advice on how to select the right components to suit any application you may desire for your MX-5, from autocross to cross-country touring!
5. Miata 20 Years Hardcover by Larry Edsall
Larry Edsall provides Mazda MX-5 enthusiasts with an in-depth twenty year history of the roadster, complete with over 200 exclusive photographs which vividly capture the MX-5's dynamic beauty and raw power. Full to the brim with anecdotes from MX-5 manufacturers, this book is a must have for any definitive MX-5 fan.
About the Author
Bradley Taylor is a freelance writer from Derby, England. He is a motoring enthusiast who loves writing about cars and everything automotive but is versatile and also writes across a variety of other topics. You can connect with Bradley on Google+ and follow his updates on Twitter.
In : Guest Posts
Tags: mazda automobiles cars mx-5 bradley taylor books
blog comments powered by Disqus